Thursday, September 23, 2010

New (School) Year, New Problems, New Brains?

Oh dear god. I have not done this in a while. I know my last post was at least a month ago. Maybe even more..

That's a scary thought. Getting back into the swing of things is more then hard. My body apparently rejects the idea of a new year back in the city because I have been sick for over three weeks. Yes, I have been coughing, sneezing, suffering from cold and hot extremes and dealing with mind melding headaches. (I think this was all brought on by a food allergy to an unknown substance but I can't explain the extended period of time thing.)

A few hours ago I gave my dad a ring and everything was going, more or less, the same as usual. Especially when he asked me "Why are you still sick?" To which I responded, "I don't have a clue." But it's the truth! I have no clue why I am still sick and to get more to the point, Does It Really Fucking Matter? You know what I'm more concerned about? Getting better. Yes, that is what I am more concerned with.

You know what I am also concerned with? Books.

Yes, I have yet to get pretty much any of my books. I have had over 5 reading assignments within the past week, so that's about 500 pages of reading that I have to catch up on in addition to the week that lies before me. It's not like Im lazy about the books. I just have yet to find the money to purchase them. It's hard to eat and take care of everyday things in addition to the massive amount of books that I am always in need of.

I always seem to take at least three heavy literature-based classes. Like this semester. I am taking American Studies, Women In Literature,  Israel and Palestine, and a history course in the FDR era (which is my favorite class).

I also find getting back to thinking on a highly analytical level more difficult lately. I am not sure if it is due to the large amount of summer induced comas I experienced, or whether it is just that my brain needs a hiatus.

On second thought, whatever the reason, I am pretty sure I would love for my brain to hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment