Sunday, March 28, 2010

Socratic In Nature

And when that terrible thing comes to pass, how will *you* react?

Earlier tonight, someone texted me a whole line of questions when I was having problems dealing with, well, life.

My friend asked me a fairly simple, and yet completely complicated question, "How do you want to be loved?"

To which I replied, "Openly and honestly."

Then I was asked, "What gets in the way?"

"People."

"That's too defeatist an answer and too general. Why can't people love openly and honestly? Whats between the desire and the action or the commitment?"

My response was (of course), "People are too evil. They are far too evil to love openly and honestly. They'd rather hurt people to get ahead."

"What does hurting other people get them? What do they stand to gain by hurting other people as opposed to loving them openly and honestly? Better yet, what do they stand to lose by loving openly and honestly?"

All these questions, I could not answer for the life of me. I was too far gone emotionally and had no mental capability of clear, rational logic to sort it out. Instead, I decided to write it all down, and come back to it later, when I am not so jaded. In fact, posting it here might be a greater option. Hopefully I will be able to generate a response from these questions in aiding my mental state.




No comments:

Post a Comment